-
September 24th, 2004, 10:16 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Does anyone know if eyelashes on blonde bitty babies sold today are blonde? Or is it just the old babies?
-
September 25th, 2004, 12:03 AM
#2
Inactive Member
The older blonde babies have VERY blonde lashes & no #14 on their necks. I think the lashes are longer, too. The newer blonde babies do have blonde lashes, but they're not as light. They also would have the #14 on their necks.
-
September 26th, 2004, 02:43 AM
#3
HB Forum Owner
EmilyLynn, do you know how long ago these dolls were made? We have 2 blonde BB, both less than a year old, both have what I would consider brown eyelashes. On the back of their necks is "28H9." My eBay BB, Emily, has "14" on the back of her neck and has blonde eyelashes. I have no idea how old she is. Since there is no complete BB listing (like Meg's and Dan's sites for the Historicals and AGTs) I really don't know anything about any differences. I didn't even notice Emily had blonde eyelashes until she arrived!
I asked at AGPC about getting Emily a new head but they no longer have the blonde eyelash heads. I'm too attached to her now to replace her head, it's only a little scuffed.
-
September 26th, 2004, 01:53 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Sorry, Tracy, I have no idea when the dolls were made. Through a friend of mine back east I learned about the "our new baby" Pleasant Co dolls. She's the one who told me about the very blonde lashes & no numbers on the necks & that they're the earlier babies. I got lucky & won a couple through ebay & bought one from her.
The hair moulding is different also; more defined. The bodies are peachier & less stuffed too. I love the way their arms are stitched--puts the hands "palms up" as though they're reaching to be picked up.
Have you ever seen the OUR NEW BABY book by Pleasant Rowland? She wrote it when she brought out the our new baby doll for families to give younger siblings when a new baby was expected. It's simply charming!! The copyright date in the book we have is 1990. Perhaps this means the dolls were made in the early 1990's? Does anyone else have any ideas?
-
September 26th, 2004, 05:04 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I have the scans from the Our New Baby collection in my catalogs album and I have all the other catalogs too. They won't show the numbers on the backs of the dolls' necks but it'll show their faces and heads and bodies and collections. My sister has an Our New Baby doll. He lives in the top shelf of her closet but if I can reach him I'll go see what he says on his neck for you and what color his eyelashes are.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks